Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) Section 312 requires facilities to submit Tier II report to the local fire department by March 1 each year for the activities occurring in the preceding year.
How Should Facilities Report to Arlington County Fire Department:
ACFD strongly encourage the use of the Tier2Submit™ software in order to stay in compliance with the new reporting regulations. The Tier2Submit™ software has built-in verification steps that will ensure that the report is filed correctly. Reports created using the Tier2Submit™ software can be exported to a file with the .t2s or .zip extension.
(1) Submit the electronic .t2s (or .zip) file to email@example.com
(2) A hard copy is not required to be submitted to the Fire Department if the reports have been sent via email (step 1 above).
(3) PDFs or other picture files of the report will be treated as a hard copy submission.
A facility’s Tier II report submittal will be deemed complete only when the Fire Department receives the electronic Tier II report.
Resources for Tier II Submittal process:
• EPA Tier2Submit™ Reporting Software: Download (https://www.epa.gov/epcra/tier2-submit-software)
• EPA Tier2Submit™ Tutorial (https://www.epa.gov/epcra/2017-tier2-submit-tutorial)
• If you have any questions specific to your submission to ACFD, please contact ACFD – Fire Prevention Office.
For additional guidelines, refer to the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality web page on SARA §311 & §312: Community Right-to-Know.