Following permit inspection, payment is due 15 days after Invoice date.
You must submit the following forms to the Fire Prevention Office, with payment if required, before work or action can begin:
- Assembly/Education Facilities Application
- Burn Permit Application
- Child/Daycare Application
- Dry Cleaner Plant Application
- Explosives and Blasting Application
- Fireworks Application Checklist and Fireworks Permit Application
- LP Gas or Hazardous Materials Application
- Hazardous Work (Hot Job) Permit Application
- Special Event Application
- Flammable/Combustible Liquid Tank Application
*A tank removal or abandonment requires a permit from the Fire prevention Office and possibly a Mechanical Permit from Inspection Services Division.
Please ensure you have all applicable permits before scheduling an inspection. Inspection Services can be reached at 703-228-3800.
Report Fire Protection System out of service: 703-558-2222 (24-hour police and fire non-emergency number)
- Type of report (fire, medical or Fire Marshal’s)
- Type of incident (auto fire, house or apartment fire, medical, etc.)
- Incident address, date and time
- Incident number, if available
- Name of client, occupant, or patient
- Your name and address, if different than any listed above
County Freedom of Information Act Page (click here)
- Only subject or subject’s authorized agent, with valid proof, may request a report. Government-issued photo ID may be required.
- Reports subject to criminal investigations cannot be released.