The permit inspection program is suspended until further notice. Payments for past inspections are still being accepted by mail.
Payments for inspections performed before the suspension of service will still be accepted. Checks should be mailed to:
Arlington County Fire Prevention Office
1020 N. Hudson Street, 2nd floor
Arlington, VA 22201.
At this time, no in person payments will be accepted, as all in person services have been suspended. We are no longer able to process permits in the Fire Department office on the fourth floor at the Ellen M. Bozman Government Center at 2100 Clarendon Boulevard.
You must submit the following forms to the Fire Prevention Office, with payment if required, before work or action can begin:
- Assembly/Education Facilities Permit Application
- Burn Permit Application
- Child/Daycare Permit Application
- Dry Cleaner Plant Permit Application
- Explosives and Blasting Permit Application
- Fireworks Permit Application
- LP Gas or Hazardous Materials Permit Application
- Hazardous Work (Hot Job) Permit Application
- Special Event Permit Application
- Flammable/Combustible Liquid Tank Permit Application
*A tank removal or abandonment requires a permit from the Fire prevention Office and possibly a Mechanical Permit from Inspection Services Division.
Please ensure you have all applicable permits before scheduling an inspection. Inspection Services can be reached at 703-228-3800.
Report Fire Protection System out of service: 703-558-2222 (24-hour police and fire non-emergency number)
- Type of report (fire, medical or Fire Marshal’s)
- Type of incident (auto fire, house or apartment fire, medical, etc.)
- Incident address, date and time
- Incident number, if available
- Name of client, occupant, or patient
- Your name and address, if different than any listed above
County Freedom of Information Act Page (click here)
- Only subject or subject’s authorized agent, with valid proof, may request a report. Government-issued photo ID may be required.
- Reports subject to criminal investigations cannot be released.