Fireworks are dangerous and the lighting of fireworks should be left to the experts. We encourage everyone enjoy the public firework displays at a number of viewing locations in Arlington County.
If you plan to use fireworks outside your home, follow these safety tips:
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks. Even sparklers are hot enough to cause third degree burns!
- Only purchase approved, permissible fireworks from a permitted vendor. Permissible fireworks
- Light fireworks away from the home, dry grass, brush or anything else that can burn.
- Light one device at a time, then back away several feet.
- If a firework does not go off, never attempt to re-light it. Douse it with water then dispose of it.
- After igniting fireworks, cool them completely with water before discarding them to prevent a trash fire.
- Always have a bucket of water and/or a fire extinguisher nearby.