ACFD Update – 4/27/20
- Thank you to candidates who submitted background packets by April 17, 2020, as required. Staff is currently working to confirm packet content in preparation for review by the ACFD background investigator. Once the initial preparation of files is complete, all candidates will receive confirmation of receipt of their packet (communication sent via email). Please note that this may take upwards of a week or more so please be patient as we attempt to accomplish this.
- The next phase in the recruitment process is CPAT, which will begin on Saturday, May 16, 2020. Look to receive more information soon via email regarding administering CPAT during the current COVID-19 event as well as verification/acceptance of IAFF CPAT certs submitted from other jurisdictions. To see the full CPAT schedule, click on Hiring Process below. Please continue to check this page frequently for updates. Be well!
Click here to see our commitment to Community, Service and Family
Firefighter/EMT I Recruitment
Application process IS NOW CLOSED.
A good driving record and a clean criminal history are essential (click here for details on Disqualifiers)
When applying, please note that incomplete and/or inaccurate information on the application and background information questionnaire may be cause for rejection.
Please check the following links for additional information
- Hiring Process (note changes to Background Packet submittal)
- Job description, qualifications, and benefits
- Want to know what recruit school is like, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram at @ArlingtonVAFD #TheFirstAssignment and #RC77