The CPAT and Interview phases of the current recruitment process for Firefighter/EMT Recruit have concluded. Review of all background files is underway and ongoing. Communication on candidate status is anticipated to be sent via email by late July 2017.
Firefighter/EMT Recruit candidates are strongly encouraged to continue to check the ACFD Employment website as well as email for any updates and important information regarding the current recruitment process.
Firefighter/EMT I Recruitment
The application process for Firefighter/EMT Recruit is now closed.
Please be sure to check all links below for information relative to the 2017 recruitment.
- Firefighter/EMT Recruit Job Announcement (for informational purposes only as the application period is currently closed).
- Hiring Process
- Job description, qualifications, and benefits
Please note the following:
- Changes to Background Packet submittal (see Hiring Process).
- A good driving record and a clean criminal history are essential.
- Applicants engaging in any activity that would support a felony conviction are unlikely to receive favorable consideration.
- Applicants engaging in any illegal drug activity (use, selling, manufacturing, distribution, selling/abuse of prescription drugs, etc.) may result in disqualification.
- Convictions for D.U.I. or D.W.I. or Reckless Driving, as well as multiple convictions for Speeding or other moving violations may result in disqualification.
- Incomplete and/or inaccurate information on the application and background information questionnaire may be cause for rejection.