Firefighter/EMT Recruitment Update – October 21, 2016
- The second round of two CPAT Timed Practice sessions will be held on Saturday, October 29, 2016. Please be sure not to drink energy drinks or drinks with a large amount of caffeine prior to participating in the Timed Practice as this will elevate vitals. See Hiring Process, CPAT for link to the full schedule, specific arrival times as well as information on IDs and attire for course access.
- Please note that the CPAT schedule has changed: Sunday, October 30, 2016, has been removed from the practice program. All candidates will participate in the second Timed Practice as noted above.
- Background file review has begun and is ongoing. The next steps in the recruitment process for Firefighter/EMT are: CPAT, Interview, Background Review, Conditional Offer (pre-hire screenings and uniform fitting), Final Offer.
Firefighter/EMT I Recruitment
The recruitment process for Firefighter/EMT I Recruit is now closed.
- Firefighter/EMT I Recruit Job Announcement (available for informational purposes only; as the recruitment for Firefighter/EMT is currently closed)
- Hiring Process
- Job description, qualifications, and benefits
Please note the following:
- Current applicants should immediately begin to obtain all items to be submitted as part of a complete background package. Click Here for details regarding background package content and deadline for submission.
- A good driving record and a clean criminal history are essential.
- Applicants engaging in any activity that would support a felony conviction are unlikely to receive favorable consideration.
- Applicants engaging in any illegal drug activity (use, selling, manufacturing, distribution, selling/abuse of prescription drugs, etc.) may result in disqualification.
- Convictions for D.U.I. or D.W.I. or Reckless Driving, as well as multiple convictions for Speeding or other moving violations may result in disqualification.
- Incomplete and/or inaccurate information on the background information questionnaire may be cause for rejection.