Firefighter/EMT Recruitment Update – November 1, 2016
- The Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) will be administered on Saturday, November 5, 2016, which will conclude the CPAT phase of the recruitment for Firefighter/EMT I Recruit. Please be sure not to drink energy drinks or drinks with a large amount of caffeine prior to participating in the CPAT test as this will elevate vitals. See Hiring Process, CPAT for link to the schedule for specific arrival times as well as information on IDs and attire for course access. Candidates who successfully complete the CPAT course within the required time limit will be sent for fingerprinting immediately following testing and will move to the Interview phase of this recruitment process.
- Background file review has begun and is ongoing. The next steps in the recruitment process for Firefighter/EMT are: CPAT, Interview, Background Review, Conditional Offer (pre-hire screenings and uniform fitting), Final Offer.
Firefighter/EMT I Recruitment
The recruitment process for Firefighter/EMT I Recruit is now closed.
- Firefighter/EMT I Recruit Job Announcement (available for informational purposes only; as the recruitment for Firefighter/EMT is currently closed)
- Hiring Process
- Job description, qualifications, and benefits
Please note the following:
- A good driving record and a clean criminal history are essential.
- Applicants engaging in any activity that would support a felony conviction are unlikely to receive favorable consideration.
- Applicants engaging in any illegal drug activity (use, selling, manufacturing, distribution, selling/abuse of prescription drugs, etc.) may result in disqualification.
- Convictions for D.U.I. or D.W.I. or Reckless Driving, as well as multiple convictions for Speeding or other moving violations may result in disqualification.
- Incomplete and/or inaccurate information on the background information questionnaire may be cause for rejection.