ACFD Update – 08/24/2021
Firefighter/EMT I Recruitment is Closed. Thank you for your interest with Arlington County Fire Department.
Please register with Arlington County Goverment Jobs to be notified of future openings.
The due date by which to submit complete background packets has been extended to Friday, November 5, 2021. This is due to ACFD obtaining an online system for candidates to complete the background questionnaire and to upload requested forms and documents. Please continue your efforts to obtain all documents as listed on the Background Packet Check List so that you are able to meet the deadline for submission. If you have already submitted your hardcopy background packet, please know that ACFD staff will contact you once the new online system is in place to verify packet receipt and coordinate document uploads. Please continue to check the aforementioned website often as this is where updates to this process will be noted. There has been no change to the CPAT schedule, which will begin on October 9, 2021 (see the above-referenced website for a link to the full schedule and detailed information regarding CPAT). If you have any questions, please contact ACFD Recruitment at 703-228-0098 or email@example.com.
- Arlington County Fire Department CPAT will begin on October 9, 2021. CPAT Schedule
- Click here to see our commitment to Community, Service and Family
- A good driving record and a clean criminal history are essential (click here for details on Disqualifiers)
- When applying, please note that incomplete and/or inaccurate information on the application and background information questionnaire may be cause for rejection.
Please check the following links for additional information
- Hiring Process
- Want to know what recruit school is like, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram at @ArlingtonVAFD #TheFirstAssignment and #RC77