Firefighter/EMT Recruit Candidate Update (3/24/20):
- Extended Background Packet Due Date
- Complete background packets are now due on or before April 17, 2020, not later than 5:00 p.m.
- Due to COVID-19, ALL packets must now be MAILED for submittal (see hiring process link for mailing address – Page 2 of Background Packet link). Background Packet
- CPAT Practice and Test Schedule
- Due to COVID-19, ACFD’s CPAT Practice Program has been rescheduled to begin Saturday, May 16, 2020. Please see the information and link to the new schedule at the Hiring Process link below.
Click here to see our commitment to Community, Service and Family
Firefighter/EMT I Recruitment
Application process IS NOW CLOSED.
A good driving record and a clean criminal history are essential (click here for details on Disqualifiers)
When applying, please note that incomplete and/or inaccurate information on the application and background information questionnaire may be cause for rejection.
Please check the following links for additional information
- Hiring Process (note changes to Background Packet submittal)
- Job description, qualifications, and benefits
- Want to know what recruit school is like, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram at @ArlingtonVAFD #TheFirstAssignment and #RC77