Due to the overwhelming amount of community support, the Arlington County Fire Department asks anyone who would like to donate to please coordinate with the Public Information Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org call (703) 228-5566.
To ensure the food safety for all of our members, all food donations must adhere to the following rules:
- Prepared food can be accepted only from certified restaurants and catering companies.
- Items must be individually packaged, boxed and labeled.
- We cannot accept items such as open trays of food or large containers.
- We cannot accept homemade food.
- All deliveries must ensure contactless delivery and are not to enter the firehouse and must observe social distancing
The safety and security of our community is very important to us and we take pride in having a safe and healthy fighting force. We are taking measures to ensure that we provide high quality and professional response to all hazards while minimizing the risk of spreading COVID-19 to our firefighters and EMT’s. Here are some, not all, of the policies we have enacted:
- We have reduced non-essential interactions during our daily work routine by closing all fire department locations to the public
- We have enacted a social distancing policy
- Revised our medical response to minimize the number of personnel in contact with potential or confirmed COVID-19 cases
- Have a strict 14-day minimum quarantine for any employees with signs of illness or positive COVID-19 test result
At this time the Fire Department is not accepting any supplies.
Many other non-profit organizations rely on the generosity of this community to provide their services. Learn about how you can help in the Arlington Food Assistance Center‘s response to COVID-19, including how to fill their warehouse. For more ways to donate, please visit the Volunteer Arlington donation page