Hazardous materials (hazmat) are chemical, nuclear, radioactive, biological and explosive materials that pose a significant threat to humans, animals and the environment. They’re created through accidents, spills, leaks or criminal activity in households, businesses, industrial services and in transit over our railroads and roadways.
Arlington Hazmat Team
The Hazmat Team includes firefighters and paramedics. They respond to a variety of incidents, such as:
- Chemical and petroleum spills and leaks
- Natural gas and carbon monoxide leaks
- Suspicious packages, unknown odors or substances
- Weapons of mass destruction and terrorist threats
- Contamination of waterways and multiple wildlife/fish killings
- Sick buildings (multiple cases of a sickness for no apparent reason)
- Biological and public health emergencies
- Clandestine drug labs
Questions: Contact Captain II Clark via email.
Common Household Waste
The County’s Household Hazardous Materials Program also includes guidelines and options for disposing of common products, such as:
- Compact fluorescent bulbs
- Electronic equipment/computers