CPR, or cardiopulmonary resuscitation, procedures are vital to saving the life of someone experiencing a sudden cardiac arrest. Bystander initiated CPR can double or triple the chances of survival from cardiac arrest. Please click one of these links if you or your group is interested in learning to save a life.
- Hands2Hearts Community CPR Program
- Arlington County Employee Certification Programs
- Other CPR Programs
The Arlington County Fire Department and Virginia Hospital Center have partnered to form a community CPR program called Hands2Hearts. The focus of this program is to train people how to recognize a cardiac arrest, request help, and initiate hands-only CPR. If your group is interested in hosting Hands2Hearts at your location, please fill out the form below and someone will contact you. Please note this is not a certification class. Those wanting to be certified should click here to review those options.
If you would like additional information, please email Hands2Hearts@arlingtonva.us
- The Arlington County Fire Department does not offer CPR certifications to the public. However, American Heart Association classes are offered through most hospitals, to include Virginia Hospital Center, 703-558-5289, email@example.com.
- The following organizations can provide more detail on options available, to include other training sites.
- Individuals and families looking to learn at home may purchase American Heart Association’s CPR Anytime kits.