September 30, 2018 at 12:38 pm units were dispatched for a structure fire in the 1600 block of McKinley Road. On arrival, Engine 106 was directed to a fire on the stove in the kitchen. The fire had been extinguished by the homeowners prior to the fire department’s arrival. There was minor damage to nearby cabinets, but no other extension. Units removed the smoke from the home prior to going in service. No civilian or firefighter injuries were reported. Damage was estimated at $300.
- Stay in the kitchen when you are frying, boiling, grilling, or broiling food.
- A Class K extinguisher is necessary in or near your kitchen because it is designed specifically to put out fires fueled by vegetable or animal oils and fats.
- Just get out! When you leave, close the door behind you to help contain the smoke and fire.
- Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number after you leave.