6/24/19 – UPDATE: Station 6 is back to normal staffing and operations. All units affected by the work being done at Station 6 have moved back to their original station assignments.
- Medic 106 from Firehouse 8 (Halls Hill) return to Firehouse 6
- Engine 106 from Firehouse 5 (Crystal City) return to Firehouse 6
- Truck 106 from Firehouse 2 (Ballston) return to Firehouse 6
- Medic 108 from Firehouse 4 (Clarendon) return to Firehouse 8
- Fire Marshal 113 from Firehouse 3 (Cherrydale) return to Firehouse 8
4/12/19 – Arlington County Fire Department (ACFD) will be completing work on Fire Station 6 (6950 Little Falls Rd, Arlington, VA) that will require the companies housed there to be relocated. The relocation officially took place Friday, April 12th, and is anticipated to last no more than two months. ACFD is making these moves with the goal to minimize, as much as possible, their impact on service delivery to The City of Falls Church and the surrounding neighborhoods. These communities will continue to receive the same professional service they are used to as they continue to be served by the relocated units from Station 6 as well as the bordering companies from Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department that already serve those neighborhoods on a daily basis.
We want to emphasize to everyone, that during the relocation, crew members will not be in the station. If you have an emergency, please call 911 and the closest appropriate resources will be sent to your location. Please do not go to Fire Station 6 for help.
Below are the specific relocations for each unit affected by these moves:
▪ Medic 106 will move to Fire Station 8 (4845 Lee Highway)
▪ Engine 106 to Fire Station 5 (1750 South Hayes Street)
▪ Truck 106 to Fire Station 2 (4805 Wilson Boulevard)
▪ Medic 108 to Fire Station 4 (3121 10th Street North)
▪ Fire Marshal 113 to Fire Station 3 (4100 Old Dominion Drive)
We will provide updates here as needed. We will also notify the community when the work at the station is completed, and we are able to return companies to Station 6. If there are any questions or concerns about the relocation, please don’t hesitate to reach out at FirePIO@arlingtonva.us or 703-228-5566.