Firefighter/EMT Conditional Offers
- Candidates for Firefighter/EMT who are moving to the next stage in the recruitment process have been contacted and conditional offers issued. This begins the next stage in the process for Polygraph, Physicals and Psychological exams/testing for candidates to be considered for a recruit school anticipated to begin in September 2015.
- The pre-hire screening portion of the process continues (which includes the screenings noted above), prior to final offer.
You are encouraged to continue with your fitness program and to maintain a clean driving and criminal history record.
Firefighter/EMT Current Eligible List
- If you have not been contacted regarding a conditional offer, please note that the eligible list for this current recruitment is still active and candidates may continue to be considered for the next recruit school opportunity.
- You are encouraged to continue with your fitness program and to maintain a clean driving and criminal history record in the event that you are contacted as consideration continues.
Thank you very much for your participation thus far in this recruitment process.
The Arlington County Fire Department is always looking for qualified people to join our team. However, the application period for Firefighter/EMT Recruit is now closed. To be notified of the next opening, submit the online form.
- Firefighter/EMT I Recruit Job Announcement (for informational purposes only as the open recruitment period is now closed)
- Overview of recruitment/application process
- Job description, qualifications, and benefits
The Arlington County Fire Department is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that attracts the best-qualified applicants. We use targeted recruitment procedures and best practices.